Wednesday, July 05, 2006


Branding Seminar by Mr.Kalyan Kumar,Area Marketing Manager (VAS), Hutch
Presented by 4p’s club in association with Hutch.


Today was an interesting day. We started off with a branding seminar by Mr.Kalyan Kumar where he specifically dealt in boarding advertisements. The thumb rule being keep them short and sweet. I had no idea hutch had gone from Orange to Pink. In fact as I was informed today, Orange collaboration with hutch is over and so Hutch has changed to pink and diesel color. Mr.Kalyan showed how a perfectly fine idea can get messed up with different people wanting different things. He showed Mona Lisa in various definitions and she ended up being uhhh.LOL.

As for Micro Economics quiz, Well I have to admit that quizzes do make you study and when you study your next class becomes much easier. Understanding supply elasticity was a piece of cake after demand elasticity. The paper was quite simple but tricky too. I assume that I have lost around 1 1/2 mark :( and well let's see. All in all, I learnt a lot. In a subjective test, you can blab away nonsense on your paper and get good marks. But in an objective test, if your concepts ain't clear, you’re down the confusion lane. As one of my English professors said "If you think, you're lost, if you're lost, you're wrong". You should be able to spot the answer right away.

Tonight I have two case studies to do. On Dear Mr.Vora and Company and 'The purple cow’. I must admit that though the purple cow theory is new and exciting, it really won't work in Kenya, or would it? In my country, People have all the time to listen to what you are selling, but they don't have the purchasing power. So what can we do? And to answer my questions I plan to do a case study of my CESD on Kenya. So far our group is made and this time we are going to do our ultimate best.

Oh by the way, due to a bandh, our school was closed down and so my EX-COM seminar will be next week. I have got 7 days to master my dialogues but have to say, acting isn't as simple as it looks. Not only do you have a set of dialogues (you can't speak what comes to your mind) but you have to say it so naturally! Ok ok... I know you're confused but I will let you in my secret only after my presentation ;)

Till next time, au revior.

No comments: