Thursday, July 06, 2006

Wow! 4 hrs of sleep and I ain’t complaining. Life sure seems to have changed for me. I have done night outs on computer projects though they were not as much fun as MBA projects. Now I actually enjoy it. Time is the greatest enemy I have to fight. I have so much to do and so little time.
My day started at 4.00 am. I revised my Marketing research notes and left for college at 7.00 am. At 8.30 am Prof. Tiwari came and gave us the choice of writing a 10 marks internal paper today or 25 marks next week. Those who were not confident of writing the test today opted for next week. What was the question for this week? Just your name! We will get 5 points extra and the test will be next week. I had heard of honesty and hard work pays but encountering it in real life is a little strange. I also realize I didn’t like not getting a test. Not being given the challenge of using my head. MR is a great subject. It is through research you can find out so many things. Long time back someone said,” Knowledge is power”, I object. It is in the APPLICATION of knowledge that POWER lays otherwise its just information. Information is your weapon. Use it wisely and you will win the war.
Linear programming was tricky! I can’t believe I didn’t trust myself enough. I knew there were 3 variables in LPP but I goofed up in more than 2 and more than 3. For both Qs I marked false while only more than 3 was false. I assume that is the only mistake I made but let’s see.At 4.00 pm we had our “30 best” event’s coordinators meet. I have been selected to coordinate the cartooning event and therefore have to come up with creative themes for the teams. At the same time prepare a judge sheet, select judges, organize the event and market the event! I have to make sure that I find every creative artist among the 180 students. Tough job? I don’t think so… I am getting a feeling on how HR planning works, searching for the right skills and recruiting them ;). Speaking of HR, My team was the only one who was close to the answer in today’s HR case study.
I am currently doing data entry for Prof. Dinesh’s probability class. I love his style of teaching. He tells you to forget the made up figures in the text book and collect live data. Live data which is relevant to our lives which we will have fun analyzing. Now that’s what I call a purple cow. Learning couldn’t have been anymore pleasurable.
I am off to enter my 100 samples. You take care and hey if anyone has cartooning ideas, themes, suggestions, please do let me know!
Ciao!

No comments: