Monday, July 10, 2006

KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT seminar.
By Mrs. Sona Banerjee, Project Manager, SIEMENS. 8th July, 2006.

This was an interesting seminar! I could easily comprehend it due to my previous knowledge from System design and Analysis (2nd SEM BCA) and Software Engineering (5th SEM BCA). Mrs. Sona Banerjee gave us a comprehensive talk on how information systems are used in the industry and their importance. She also covered up the main syllabus on what MIS (Management Information System) is all about.

The Seminar covered:

Information Systems

The need for its development Alternatives to establishing information systems

System development controls Models of system development: Water fall, Prototype, Iterative, Spiral and V model.

Software Testing Tools and techniques for system development

Software quality assurance: ISO 9000 and SEI CMM levels and certifications

Our discussion and questions were based on the correct ERP packages available. Tally is supposed to be coming up with one soon and the difference between SAP (Simplified Access Protocol), Oracle and People soft. All in all, a very informative session.




The Art of Living Youth Empowerment Programme.

I will be starting off this programme soon in the coming week. I can't talk much on the programme as I am yet to start. I hope to benefit from it like the millions of other people have. For more information regarding what the course is all about do log on to http://www.artofliving.org/


Apart from the above programme, I have to coordinate the cartooning competition and it isn't as simple as it sounds. I just got to know that cartooning is a field on its own and it’s not how well an artist draws that matters but the idea behind his cartoons. Tomorrow I have the meet with our professors who are in charge of the talent hunt and lay out our execution plan. I have a Marketing Info seminar on GM's Hummer case, a comparative economic seminar on Kenya, The MR test that got postponed to this Thursday, my EX-COM talk which got cancelled last Monday and my studies for which I have to 'make' time. Writing all this I realize that I just don't have the time! If only I could buy it and make it more than 24 hrs. Now this is another thing MBA teaches you.. Time management and at the moment I am just a 7/10 for I get the work done but I still feel I can manage my time better. As for my Quantitative Technique survey, Prof. Dinesh was very happy with it. He volunteered to teach me how to use stats techniques in my analysis (Beyond what he is teaching in class) and even suggested me to go ahead and show my survey to the management. Now ain't that cool or what!

Already, I am now off to work away my Sunday so you guys take care and have a great week ahead!

No comments: