Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back from my great vacation

My Eid dashed past as I went to college after attending the Eid prayers and from there home where I did my last minute packing and rushed to join my uncle in his auto mid-way, parking my bike at my cousin's. We met a terrible traffic jam and there was 50-50 chance that we would catch our train. We did and we were off for my cousin's wedding in Khandwa, a small industrial town in the state of Mandya Pradesh.

The wedding was excellent. We met all our relatives, cousins and second cousins from all over India. It was a small and simple wedding and I told my aunt I'd like mine on the same lines. After blessing my sister and wishing her all the happiness of married life, we rushed to Burhanpur where we did Ziarat, paid our respects to our past leaders and again caught the train to Jalgoan, my mom's hometown. Here we ate Kulfi - Ice lolly made of thickened milk and cream and it was out of this world. My uncle turned a little boy having one after a another! We did Ziarat of my grand mom, uncle and extended family. Prayed for their souls and for a good akherat... and again we were off... this time to Ahmedabad, the capital city of the state of Gujrat.

The first thing that struck me was 'so many people!' It's true for all metro's but I never felt that when I went to Mumbai or Delhi but in Ahmedabad I couldn't help noticing it. My cousins joined us in the evening. My uncle had gone to collect them at the airport. We were all frazzled out and somehow I found myself sleeping soundly even during the day! I don't have a habit of sleeping during the day but travelling does something to you.

We left the next day for Syedi Hasan Pir Shaheed's ziarat, paid our respects and then from there to Galiakot, Rajastan to pay our respects to Syedi Fakrudeen Shaheed. The best thing that happened here was we got to share our car drive back to Ahmedabad with an Amil Saheb and his family. I made most of the opportunity and asked him all I could of all the saints. I never knew that Syedi Fakhrudeen Shaheed was killed at only 27 years old while doing dawah in Hindustan.

At Ahmedabad, Amil saheb was a guide to us. Just like we have a guide who takes us around historical places and museums. The other people were a little surprised to see our tiny group. He gave us a brief history of each Dai in Ahmedabad and the opposition they faced, their courage and achievements. May Allah Taala be pleased with them all. Amin.

This was my short trip though by the 6Th day I was dying to get back to Bangalore. Our flight was quite good. I travelled by Air Deccan the first time. It's quite similar to Indigo but here, I enjoyed reading their in-flight magazine. I think it's the best in-flight magazine I have read, combining both domestic and international airlines. It didn't have just ad's of super exclusive luxury products, but relevant and interesting articles like 'what to ask your potential employer' and tourist information. Another thing I noticed was that they had printed ad's on their seat covers. When a person is seated, he looks front and sees the seat cover of the chair in front of him. This was a fantastic idea coz this is one time when a traveller has enough time to stare at whatever comes in front of him. Brands should note of this new avenue of advertising. It'd be ideal for tourist firms, hotels and high-end product manufacturers.

1 comment:

Huzefa Mukadam said...

Nice to read your blogs again. I was starting to miss them. I like your matter-of-fact style of narration.

And lots of mubarakbaads on all the Ziyarats you were able to do.