Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Job I'd love to do... Teach.

Plan man, the consulting branch of IIPM came to campus today। Actually Planman offices is in the same building of IIPM। It's amazing that you could do crore rupee business in one compact building that not only houses the B-school IIPM but also it's consulting firm Planman, It's placement division and various other SBUs like Planman Media, Planman Motions etc। The PPT was conducted by my Ex-Comm faculty who is also the vice president of Planman Consultancy Mr।Vikram Tanwar।

As far as marketing goes, I must admit that I have not seen any B-school, consultancy market itself as PM & IIPM does। The whole audience was captivated by how far and wide Planman has expanded and diversified। My interest however, was on the one thing I wanted to do since १२थ् grade - Teach। Therefore, I applied for IIPM Academics where when I get selected, I'd have to be trained in the academics department for two years before I get my first real class। In the mean time I handle the administration part which is the low end, no one wants to do it job (me neither)। The plus point is that one get's to be part of any project team and I can write articles for our publications such as ४प्स्, Business & Economy, journals like Need the Dough and so on। This way I get to remain a student my whole life and who knows, InshaAllah I will get to do my PhD and one day publish my own book।

I had to write a write-up as to why I wanted to join IIPM Academics and my area of interest। After that we sat for a GD। Thankfully, I was in the first group and it went O.K। I didn't come up with extraordinary great points but I made a good start। Let's see what happens। My heart tells me that I have a ५०-५० % chance of getting through। My placement officer told me I'd be an asset to IIPM but then, what the VP and All India Dean think is a totally different issue।

Tomorrow the shortlisted candidates results will be announced। We shall then proceed to the interview round and from there... it's gonna be either 'You are hired' or 'We will get back to you' ;)

No comments: