Saturday, November 03, 2007

"Didi! Nice Dress!"

Sometimes in life you are busy running around when a stranger taps on your shoulder and says "Hi, I think you're beautiful" makes your day?
Today a little school girl made mine.
I was riding my bike, on the way home from college and there was a school bus in front of me. A few school girls were at the back. One was looking out of the window at the rear. I was in my own thoughts when suddenly I heard:
"Didi! (Hindi for elder sister, called out of respect) Nice dress!"
I had my helmet on so I couldn't yell out "Thank you!" but I raised my hand and gave her a friendly wave.
The bus took a turn and with it the stranger who liked my dress.
So what was I wearing?
Jeans?
Dress?
Salwar?
Nope.
A sea blue veil with yellow border and yellow flowers.
Nice dress ;)
It's another story that a little ahead near the lake, an eagle dropped a fish on me!

No comments: