Monday, November 26, 2007

My new friends

I got myself - completely unplanned - a set of beautiful friends.

Who are they?

A pair of blue lovebirds. The most beautiful ever. They are adorable!

Namrata and I were stuck in this one mile of traffic on the way home and well I saw the pet shop. I remember seeing it earlier when I was riding behind my sister and I asked her if we could get a bird. But my sis would rather see birds flying. She is right of course - everyone should have freedom and at the same time its not wrong if you take care of birds- domestic and not wild- and give them your love...

As the traffic was stagnant, I jumped down from my bike and went to the pet shop - just out of curiosity to find out how much a bird would cost. I saw fish! Relatively it's difficult to take care of fish. My cousin in NJ has fish and I thought they were adorable. Well anyways, just like that (thanks to a little encouragement from Namrata) I got my new friends. I got a lovely cage, some seeds and I am soooooo happy.

My room mates asked me to name them but I prefer not to. I call them baby girl and baby boy at times or blue girl and blue boy or sweetie or lovey or cutie pie. I have all the names. My baby girl let's me stroke her soft feathers but at times she bites me..lol her beak is so small and not at all sharp. My baby boy is scaredy birdy. He just flips his feathers and runs. Very suspicious of me! I hope with time they also learn to trust me and you never know - love me!

On my professional front - I am on Hybernation mode. My project partner is almost getting a heart attack, pleading me to turn on my system. I don't know why and for what this happens. It's been with me since childhood. My mom and dad are scared of only one thing about me - My mood swings. At times I will be hyper active and times so passive that one won't notice me in the room. Right now, I have turned on my system..lol and it's booting.

My roommates are leaving this wednesday and I don't know if I feel sad. I feel happy that my home will be clean and tidy. I feel anxious to get another room mate coz I don't want to stay alone, I want to stay alone and just study my heart and have no interference and no 'Let's go for dinner or let's catch a movie' or the 2-3 hours chit chat. But I would agree that they were wonderful. They are young and charming and smart. I will miss them.

Well, Its time for me to go and work on my project. I hope I finish it by tonight. Wish me all the best! :)

No comments: