Monday, May 28, 2007

My mood: Irritated

Tomorrow my freedom, my space will be officially taken over and I will have to learn how to share. I am getting four roommates! They are architect students who will be doing their internship in Bangalore for around six months. I have been rearranging the rooms, the cupboard, the almirah and I still am to get a bunker bed. That's the major part, shopping for one which is reasonable.

In this process, I have not been able to do any extra studies, go for my internship or work on my reports. I have also not been able to write a new story :-( that's the saddest part coz I already have so many themes to write on. InshaAllah another one or two days we will all be settled in and hopefully by this weekend, I'll have finished my pending reports. Then it's take it as it comes and definitely keep sometime aside for writing.

We had a placement session on the usual dresscode. I wouldn't want to comment because I personally feel that wearing a suit does not imply you are good. You may feel good and you may look good. Short term gains.. ok but long term- Naaa, it's your work and only work that counts. Dressing no doubt is important but from what I see especially in my school, it's overemphasised wrt academics and personality development. I think if the placement works more on these and less on 'how to create a first impression', it'd help us not only on our first impression but also last. Well the sessions are not over so let's see what next they have for us. I so far have disliked all the two sessions. They are not talking to us on a one to one level but rather talking down at us - don't expect this or don't expect that and you are this and that - This has been so far the least fun class but rather a demotivating class.

I am going to focus on my studies and learn as much as I can. I took up MBA to LEARN and not to get a job. If I wanted a job, I'd have gone for it long time back and all this job stuff is really irritating me. I'm not worried about it and it's too early to worry about it. I know that if I am good, I will get one InshaAllah. My focus should be on becoming good. The rest will follow. There are millions of avenues and millions of city where I can work under millions of profiles. Being a jack of all trade you know you can fit in anywhere and excel in it.

No comments: