Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A visit to Infosys

Today was an amazing day. Fifteen of us were selected based on our country presentations on MBA prospects in various countries. I happened to be one among them :-). The lucky ones got to go for a onsite company interaction and guess which company? Infosys!!!

Infosys as you all know is among the best rated software companies of India and we hold a lot of pride in it. I have been hearing about Infosys ever since I came to India for my undergraduation. Infosys came to our Chirst College campus around 2004 and a lot of my juniors got selected. During my time we had Digital Globalsoft (now 100% HP), Amphasis, Tata Elexi to mention a few. I had seen Infosys from outside many times on my way to work (HP also in Electronic City) and today I finally got to see the whole of Infosys.
We had an hour's interactive session with the Senior Vice President of Infosys, Dr. L.P. Ravindra. He has 31 years of experience and we were spell bound by the way he spoke to us.
The main topics we discussed were about why Infosys has reached were it has today, it's marketing strategy, CSR, role of an MBA at Infosys. He gave us valuable advice on how we should keep adapting, moulding, changing. He handles and E &R, Education and Research division and pioneered the concept Industry focus in colleges. Currently out of 1800 Engineering colleges in India, 400 have tied up with Infosys where Infosys conduct their training to the students and get them established in the industry. Amazing.
Everything about Infosys spelt 'Quality'. Our guide also spoke excellently and had in dept knowledge of the whole campus.
It was a great day!

No comments: