Monday, March 03, 2008

I got a prize!

My farewell was on thursday after my last exam. Theoretically last exam and well I didn't go. Why? Because it was in a club or a pub or whatever and sorry, its not the kind of place I'd go.

Since a child I used to wonder at the people I knew who'd go. I mean from the movies, all I have seen is skimpily dressed women, smoke, music that makes you deaf and worse.. you might be mingling with prostitutes! yikes.

So well no, as much as these western culture has come into B-School, I still belong to the old school of thought. The indian school of thought and for those who might snide me- yep the middle class mentality. I am proud to be that and I happen to be respected for my values.

It was at the farewells that they gave out prizes for outstanding students. I happen to be one who got ranks and so I am waiting here in college to collect my prize money (something in ooo's hehehe) from the Dean who is not yet here so as I patiently wait, you patiently read :)

The thesis trimester begins today. Officially. Yes, I am still hung up on microfinance and I am going to do it in that. What and where is still unsolved. I am thinking 8 hours a day is pretty good of a three month thesis. The first month I experiment, search, think and hypothise and the second month go on field and find the truth. The third month I sit and make my report stating the ultimate truth that I deem true.

And write betterment exams for my finance subjects. I just passed a few of them out of grace (a regular and dedicated student so my professors just gave me the margin marks) Now no tension, no pressure and I can study at my own pace and will.. wow.. THAT is what I like.

Hello last three months of MBA :)

No comments: