Saturday, August 11, 2007

The neighbours grass

It's strange how the grass is always greener at that other end. Yesterday I was invited for Iftar at Munira ben's place. I go to her home for my afternoon prayers as her home is just a few minutes distance from my Institute. At times when I have to stay back in college for some extra studies I also pray my evening prayers at her home. God bless her.

Well so yesterday as we sat for iftar, she with her two kids, her sister's kids and I. I listened to the conversation between her and the children. They were discussing about science and optional subjects. Munira ben was scolding her nephew that he should come and take his elder brother's books, she did not tell him. A choke rose my throat as I realised that I didn't have this kind of family. I didn't have tiny feet pattering around my home or watch me cook or fight over bringing the dishes to the table.

At twenty five, I had as a child dreamt I would have at least three kids. I am very happy for what I am today and what I have, it's when you see something you don't have that you feel that tug in your heart. I had the strangest dream the other night where I saw my daughter. I was carrying her in my arms. She was a copy of me as a child..lol.. yet I still remember the feeling so well of holding her and she looking up to me. Tell that to my comedian friend Devendra and he said "First dream about your husband and then your child!"

All in good time I hope. :-)

3 comments:

Leila said...

I know how does it feel, but Allah will sent him when its best time for it inshaAllah, be sure about that :) i just pop in here, wanting to see where are you hiding these days and whats going on...:) putting my nose where it doesnt belong? i know...but miss ya !! :))

Blogger said...

Leila- Ofcourse you belong here!! :-) lol.. I look forward to your comments :)

Anonymous said...

"all in good time i hope"
indeed.
i can't imagine myself with kids though! i think i prefer to give them back at the end of the day!