Tuesday, August 28, 2007

How to handle someone who thinks u did a worse job then them?

Ok here's something new- I have been accused of changing the whole presentation a team member made and because of that our presentation flopped.

Reality-

1. I am the only strong player in my team
2. My team in not even the remotest way how to analyse and collect relevant data
3. My team are my friends so I stick to them
4. I did not work on the presentation
5. I did a last minute job of 'saving the day' by trying to get together a couple of slides (including those done by the grudging player
6. We flopped terribly

Result- I get blamed by just the grudging player who made a few slides that since I changed it, we failed

Reports- Calls of distress to other members over 45 minutes lamenting what I thought of myself

Latest- High avoidance and mistrust

Solution - Let me think about it.

Solved- I went and talked to her and cleared the air. Told her she should say frankly if she is not happy about how the slides are and besides, it was a last minute thing so we couldn't have expected a great show. She understood and was like 'No-no, I didn't mean like that..." Well good. Things back to normal.

Lessons-

1. Make the slides 2 days before the presentation
2. Accept the fact that I have HAVE have to train my group members
3. before I do that, I have to train myself

No comments: