Friday, August 03, 2007

A stare, a friend and three ice creams!

Yesterday was an upsetting day that turned quite pleasant.
I am on a cleaning spree especially for my cupboards because
a) There are too many clothes that I don't need
b) I don't like the way they are arranged
c) Too many books
d) Too many papers
so for nearly three hours I sat and filed the papers and removed two bags of junk.. envelops and outdated documents. I filed the papers in different files and realised why I liked administration. I'm not the neat psycho that my sister is. ( You keep your jacket on the bed and she shouts at you to hang it behind the door!) However, I do love neat people and neat homes so I'm going to be conscious. My wardrobe is currently haywire and I intend to wire it up may be tomorrow.. yeah.. Saturday is a good day for arranging ;)
Well, after my cleaning spree I went to college and on the staircase I met one of my professors for whom I have great regard. I don't know why and what, but he didn't want to greet me! Imagine the hurt of this little heart. I told him "Good morning Sir" and he stared at me! Stared! And trust me there was enough time to give a response but nope.
I went to class and my Macroeconomics Prof. was teaching us Inflation half of which went off my head as I was thinking what wrong I had done to get that kind of a cold stare... well it was not a 'cold stare', just a stare that made me so cold. I told Dev and he is laughed it off. Told me I was being silly just bcoz a prof didn't say 'Hello', I told my sis and she said, "He must be having a bad day, don't think soooooo much"
Therefore, I hope he had a bad day. My sis also advised me that I should have high regard for my professors but not get too attached to them that such tiny things start mattering. Well I can't help it. If I like someone, I like them all the way! Like Prof. Narayan Swamy... I think he is the coolest and he always gives us a smile when we greet him.
Well I was OK by the second lecture and enjoyed my classes. In the evening I went for prayers and met up a student from Tanzania. He is going to start his MBA at Mysore University and it's always fun to talk to people from home. The way we speak, joke, and pull each other's leg reminds you of home sweet home. May be I should go back to my dear East Africa.
And yeah.. after a long time.. I had three ice creams :-)

No comments: