Sunday, June 17, 2007

A good sunday

Today was a good sunday because I finished my Investment Analysis revision so far. I still have the last chapter on Capital Market theory to master but otherwise, Thank God, I managed to revise and understand all about dividends, returns, risk, variance, covariance and corelation and how this are used in the analysis of investments and portfolio management.
On friday morning I was really mad coz I told my driving instructor off when he spoke to me in his rude voice. I was sulky the whole morning... haha.. in the end I realised it was only my peace that I was disturbing so I let go.
Nisreen and I had gone for friday morning prayers and we had slept late also. This took a toil when I found myself sleeping in my investment analysis class. On the first row right under the nose of my professor! My friends were waking me up! During the break, I drowned myself in coffee and crackers so that I'd keep myself alert. I had lost the flow of the subject matter. One class of Prof. NarayanSwamy is like 10 chapters of the book. When we returned for the next session, he said 'Those who did not follow the first class, don't worry. Concentrate in this one and you can still catch the thread"
Yes.. He was talking to me :-) He is so understanding. In the first class itself he told us that at times we don't feel like sitting in class due to some reasons - personal or otherwise and we were free to walk out. He would not think badly of us or judge us on that single class behavior. How many professors can give that kind of a 'security' and if they do, how many truly believe. That's why all of us adore him. His weapon is the knowledge he carries with him and his ability to transfer it to us. Hats off to him!
Well today I sat and I went through my notes. My notebook is almost complete and it's not even a month of classes. At this rate I think I will need three notebooks, that would be my record ;) Trust me, Investment Analysis would have been the toughest subject to understand if we didn't have him. The way he explains it makes us feel that it's the easiest. All my friends agree that he is the best sir we have had.
Ok I will stop here.... In the next post, I will post his photographer and see him for yourself. Till then.. Happy sunday! :-)

No comments: