Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My sister got into PhD at the University of Texas, Dallas!!!

As you all can see, my sis made it to her life long dream of pursuing her PhD. She had applied for Masters I assume and then move on to PhD although she had already done her MCA from Bangalore University and has more than five years of work experience holding the post of a tech leader.. obviously any university would feel.. hey, you don't need to do Masters, You're fit for PhD!!! I was elated the whole day. Ben(Sis in gujrati) asked me for what was I so excited... Hello??? You got into PhD and I should NOT? be excited!!! I sure did a lot of boasting today.

Since school, I always envisioned myself to admonish my kids to study and be like their aunt, a PhD!..hehe.. well kids or no kids I'm glad MY dream of seeing my sis do her PhD has come true. Partly coz it makes me proud to have such a brainy sis and partly coz.. Dreams come true :-) I still can't get over the fact that I have a sister who will be a PhD! (Don't you dare even ask me if I want to be one... I will shoot you from wherever you are!!)

My parents are the most proud of all. Especially dad and I can't even begin to comprehend his happiness. For a couple who have lived for their children, there is no greater joy than to see your dreams come true, through them. Great going sis!!

As for the tiny me, insignificant master student, I attended my Project Management class which was rather uninteresting today and then a seminar on World Environmental Day that was held by our Insitute and we had a PhD Researcher talk about the biodiversity of India and how it is depleting. My favorite Prof. Kumar took up the reasons why we turn a blind eye to the global warming issue, whether as individuals, corporates or Government. It's actually sad. very sad.

Therefore my earnest request to one and all, please plant a tree wherever you can and as many as you can. We really need to save this earth for our children.

Listening to the lecture also made me think that the Day of Judgment must be very near. With temperatures so high and predictions of islands going underwater(though I don't truly believe it can happen.. really Sri Lanka disappearing??!!) I think the world is coming to an end pretty soon.

My Organizational Development seminar went fair. I did a fair work so can't expect exclusive or excellent. From the five teams though I felt that we were the only one's well prepared and well presented. Team 5 did an ok job and hey as I said mine too was just about ok... Hmmm (Not happy)

I then went to the University to get my sisters transcripts sealed and signed and boy am I out of shape. Catching the bus coz I hate the traffic (it took me 1 hour more but I could sit relaxed in the bus without always keeping my feet down from the bike) I hopped on a bus after a long time. Three years actually. I enjoy travelling by bus. It makes me feel humble and I feel I come from here... Middle Class... no matter how far I go and which vehicle I buy, I guess I will always feel at home in a bus.

Strange but true.

With this I sign out.... Good night. Sweet dreams! :-)

No comments: