Sunday, September 16, 2007

A sweet proposal

Continuing the topic on marriage, I recieved the sweetest proposal from the sweetest little boy in this world.

"shahra ramadhan mubarak.may Allah bless you abundantly n shower his blessings on u.i am looking for a girl to marry,so i would propose to u first.and if u r to turn me down then which other best person to look for me my partner since u know me well.in fact u r the only girl who knows me?thanking u with the deepest affection and gratefullness."

That is my cute little cousin who is three years younger to me!! Awwww, I mean I know he wrote it out of affection and it's not a real proposal but it still made my day! Murtaza and I became good friends when he started high school and I would tutor him. I left for India soon for my degree and he said he missed his teacher! Once he had a horrible deskmate so I went to his school and talked to his class teacher. She was a kind lady and she got the class rearranged. I didn't tell him that. When he came home the next day he told me "Guess what the good news is?" I just smiled, I knew!

When I returned to Kenya, he was his in 12th and the first thing he wanted was for me to make his study time table. Needless to say, Alhamdullilah he did well - On his own! He is my little brother, my friend, my confidant and one with whom I feel three years younger ;) lol

God bless him and may he find a wonderful partner! Amin.

No comments: